This dictionary is available only on CD. It has been prepared for medical translators and other users of medical abbreviations, acronyms and eponyms in this language pair. The bulk of the terms was taken from the 4th edition of the author's Dictionary of Medicine French-English with English-French Glossary. However, it also includes new terms not included in the 4th edition as noted below.
The volume contains
- over 29,000 terms
- 13,934 abbreviations and acronyms (1,488 abbreviations and acronyms are new and do not appear in the 4th edition of the Dictionary of Medicine French-English with English-French Glossary).
- 15,180 eponyms (807 eponyms are new and do not appear in the Dictionary of Medicine French-English with English-French Glossary).
Format of the files on the CD
The CD contains the following:
General instructions for the use of the CD.
- How to Use the Dictionary
- How to Search PDF Files
- Abbreviations and Signs Used
- French-English Dictionary of Medical
abbreviations, acronyms & eponyms
Contains the alphabetical listing of the terms.
The sections in the Book have been bookmarked to make searching for specific information and terms more efficient. These bookmarks open with the sections. Any word appearing in the sections may be searched.
Using the Dictionary.
You will find detailed directions for using the dictionary in the Introduction. Search options are explained.
What you need to know about the CD before making your purchase:
Adobe Reader® is needed to open the files.
The files are in pdf format. Adobe Reader® 7 or above will open them. The Reader® may be downloaded for free from the Adobe website at: http://adobe.com/go/reader
Adobe Reader® is also available for other operating systems such Macintosh, Linux. and Solaris at http://adobe.com/go/reader
Printable PDF Files